NGK.com specializes in hard to find NGK products. We are not NGK Spark Plugs USA. To contact them, click here.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO INSTALLATION
*DO NOT drop or use an oxygen sensor that has been dropped as this may have caused shock damage to the ceramic cell
*DO NOT use any compounds on or around the sensor unless labeled as oxygen sensor friendly products
*DO NOT use impact wrench or conventional socket type wrench to install sensor
*DO NOT allow sensor or lead wire to touch exhaust manifold or any other hot component
*DO NOT expose this product to water, oil, windshield cleaner, anti-corrosion oil, grease, terminal cleaner, etc.
*DO NOT use leaded fuels, silicone or metal based additives
*DO NOT store under high humidity conditions
1. Disconnect the battery.
2. Disconnect wiring harness from old sensor. Remove any hardware or clips, if applicable. Use an oxygen sensor socket to remove the old sensor.
3. Remove protector cap on new sensor just prior to installation.
4. If not already coated, apply (enclosed) anti-seize to oxygen sensor threads.
5. Use oxygen sensor socket to install sensor body, ensuring lead wire is not twisted or bent.
6. Torque to proper specs as below:
7. Put in place any hardware or clips, if applicable.
8. Connect and route lead wire as originally installed.
9. Reconnect the battery.
Warning: Anti-seize compound may cause irritation to the skin or eyes. In case of contact, wash affected area with soap and water. In case of eye contact, flush with water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, consult a physician. If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting.